Fast-forward three years to today: it’s clear that Android is here to stay, Chrome, now one of the most popular browsers in the world, is available on mobile devices, and we have a brand new version of Internet Explorer. So, it’s time for another update.
- IE 8+ (Windows)
- The current and previous version of Firefox (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
- The current and previous version of Chrome (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS)
- The current and previous version of Safari (Mac OS X)
- Mobile Safari on the current and previous version of iOS
- The default browser on Android 2.3 - 4.0
- Chrome on Android 4.1+
Nothing changes based on this announcement: sites working in a now-unsupported browser will continue to function as before. But, ongoing, these are now the browsers for which we will focus our testing efforts and actively fix bugs.
If you have questions about these changes, Google and the broader Google Maps developer community can help. Please tag your question with the “google maps” tag on Stack Overflow.